Sensei 1.2.0 has landed, with a bunch of bug fixes and a preview of our next major feature: Sensei Monitor!
1.2.0 (25) (2020-05-18)
- Sensei Monitor is now available in Beta! Visit the forums to learn more.
- Fixed an issue causing back navigation buttons to appear while in root views.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect CPU usage numbers in the Dashboard.
- Optimized performance usage.
- Minor bug fixes.
Sensei Monitor Beta
Sensei Monitor is a new feature in Sensei that allows you to see realtime performance statistics from the macOS status bar.
Sensei Monitor is part of Sensei, and you use the main Sensei app to turn the Sensei Monitor off/on, or control it’s settings. However, Sensei Monitor is a standalone app, and it is designed to run in the background and start with your Mac, allowing you quick to access to realtime performance metrics without the need to launch the main Sensei app.
How does it work?
Sensei Monitor is built on an advanced system of Panels, Panel Elements and our new Dynamic Monitor Engine. Together, they serve as the building blocks for you to create your own unique system monitor. Use the Panel Editor in Sensei to design your own monitoring panels, tailored to the statistics and performance metrics you care about the most.
Sensei Monitor is still a work in progress, and the current state should be considered a preview. At this moment, we are estimating that the feature will not be completely finished until mid-June. Until then, this Beta version will provide us with some early feedback, and allow us to improve it in time for a public release.
Please note the following known issues of using the Beta version of Sensei Monitor:
- The Beta does not ship with any premade panels. You will have to start out by creating your own.
- It might use a lot of resources on your Mac as we still have some performance optimization left to do.
- The status item is a static title. Don't worry, this will eventually become customisable widgets.
- There is no way to rearrange panels yet, and they only layout horizontally.
- Several types of statistics are missing or not working as expected. The Beta is focusing on CPU, RAM, Battery and Process usage.
- Some panel elements might not be working properly (esp. the Circular Bar)
- Multi-monitor support is rudimentary.
- The app may hang or crash, especially if left running for a long time.
The most stable feature so far is the Panel Editor, which is pretty much complete. We will of course be adding more different kinds of panel elements to the library. If you have a suggestion for a certain type of label or chart design you’d like to see in Sensei Monitor, please post it below!
Note that Panels created by the Beta version of the Monitor feature may be deleted between updates! If you create a design you'd like to keep, save a screenshot of it for now.
How to try out Sensei Monitor
While Sensei Monitor is not finished yet, we are opening up access to a Beta version. Simply download the latest Sensei update and go to Settings where you can now enable Beta Features.
Reporting an issue
If you encounter issues not listed under the Disclaimer section, please follow this procedure to report it:
Open up Sensei and select "Help->Report an issue" from the menu bar.
The app will save a log file.
Report the issue to us (together with the log file) at https://support.cindori.org/hc/en-us/requests/new